This blog is an attempt to see if you feel the same way I do about this area. I moved to 15727 Auburn Road with my family in 2008 and we absolutely love the ravines, the trees, the privacy, and the friendly neighbors.
It's perfect, except for one thing: Noise from I69.
If there is one thing about it, it's that it seems to be unpredictable. Some days it's so quiet and peaceful, I would never guess there was a major highway close by. Other days, I think that the semi-trucks are coming up my driveway. The noise seems to echo and permeate everywhere.
I've thought about how to solve it - there are a number of resources on the web for how communities have reduced the noise from highways and roads. In many cases, INDOT has built aesthetically pleasing barriers along sections of the highway to reduce the noise.
However, if I'm the only one that is concerned about this problem, I'm pretty sure INDOT will not seriously consider any proposal to spend tax dollars on noise barriers.
So here's my question to you - can you let me know that you are interested in what INDOT can do to reduce the noise pollution in this area? My guess is that if I can contact them with a petition to study the noise levels and propose solutions to reduce them, the more people I have on it, the better.
The petition post contains the text you can cut-n-paste into an email to me. Send to scottfergusson@gmail.com
I will update this blog as I make progress. Thank you for your support of this. This is such a beautiful area and reducing the noise will make it even more so.
No comments:
Post a Comment